Bite into Writing is a great resource for remote learning. More information on how to use it remotely can be found here.
NFER is delighted to announce Bite into Writing - a NEW educational resource that supports year 6 teachers in the teaching and assessment of writing. Developed in collaboration with highly experienced authors, Bite into Writing is a guide that offers a flexible, non-prescriptive approach to activities that encourage students to develop a broad range of written material. Based on a published text 'When We Were Warriors’ by Emma Carroll, it includes spotlight texts written by the authors that help inspire further written work. The first book in a series of year 6 teaching resources is available now. Place your orders today!
The extensive material in Bite into Writing includes:
- talk and explore activities to stimulate discussion
- write-bites to promote short-burst, incidental writing
- spotlight texts with helpful teaching prompts to support grammar and punctuation, text structure, vocabulary and the writer’s voice
- a choice of showcase writing opportunities that encourage pupils to build a collection of their own writing across a range of genres
- exemplars with commentaries and annotations to help support teachers in their assessment of varied pieces of writing.
“My pupils fell in love with the characters from the well-chosen stories used in Bite into Writing. Using the materials has deepened my learning, both as a teacher and a consultant.” Education Consultant and LA Lead Moderator